Resources to review before the session:
Freedom Maps – an incredibly in-depth study that looks at rural arts funding in the South and its social and cultural implications and impacts: https://freedommaps.us/
Sunup Initiative: https://sunupcorbin.com/
Show up for Racial Justice Chapters & Affiliates – notice the number of affiliates in rural communities: https://www.showingupforracialjustice.org/chapters-and-affiliates.html
Fact sheet on the issue from National Association of State Arts Agencies: https://nasaa-arts.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Rural-Grant-Making-Fact-Sheet.pdf
Report from the National Governors’ Association on rural arts capacity: https://www.nga.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/NGA_RuralArtsReport.pdf
- INTERCULTURAL LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE – ILI Intercultural Leadership Institute
- Freedom Maps – an incredibly in-depth study that looks at rural arts funding in the South and its social and cultural implications and impacts: https://freedommaps.
- WESTAF Emerging Leaders of Color
- The Community Creativity Initiative at the Bush Foundation
- First Peoples Fund
- Artplace America
- Art of the Rural
- the Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange
- This week, Chrissy will include the link to WESTAF Arts + the Rural West Virtual Workshop Session Report, a convening which aimed to:
Engage a western network of thought leaders and community builders whose work intersects with the rural arts agenda.
Share knowledge and highlight work being done in the West.
Ensure that western rural arts perspectives inform national conversations around rural arts.
Discover potential areas of regional partnership/collaboration.
Define a rural arts agenda for the West.
- Not Just Money: Equity Issues in Cultural Philanthropy
- A Cultural New Deal for Cultural and Racial Justice. « Join us!
- Living Traditions – National Endowment for the Arts
- Are You Ready for the Country?: Creative Placemaking in Rural America
- Grantmakers in the Arts: Racial Equity in Arts Funding Statement of Purpose and Recommendations for Action
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity in Arts & Culture Philanthropy